Orphan Kitten Club is expanding our team! If you are interested in working with us, please carefully read the job description below and complete the application on this page only if you meet the qualification requirements. Note that due to the anticipated volume of interest, we will not be responding to all inquiries. A team member will reach out for an interview if the board agrees to move forward with your application. Please do not apply if your skill level and background do not align with the qualifications for this position. APPLICATIONS CLOSED AS OF 2/25.
Orphan Kitten Club is seeking a qualified full-time Program Coordinator to work alongside our Program Director and to help with various administrative and programmatic aspects of our nonprofit organization.
- Enthusiasm for animal welfare is required! The ideal candidate will be driven and passionate about the welfare of kittens.
- Must have at least 1 year of hands-on experience working with animals in a shelter or veterinary setting.
- Must be experienced and comfortable working with spreadsheets and data entry.
- Strong people skills required! Must be comfortable communicating with donors, adopters, and volunteers in an effective and confident manner
- Strong administrative skills required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Quickbooks, and other computer programs such as Salesforce.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently.
- Working knowledge of issues pertaining to cats and kittens is required.
- 40 hours per week working from our Orphan Kitten Club headquarters in East County, San Diego.
- Assist with data entry including Shelter Luv and Salesforce.
- Fulfill all aspects of donor acknowledgment gifts and track data on the appropriate spreadsheet. This includes checks, monthly donor packs, one-time donors, and any promotional fundraisers.
- Help with hands-on cleaning and animal care tasks at our nursery locations, when requested.
- Coordinate medical care for all OKC animals, including scheduling vet appointments, medical inventory/supplies, and following up with fosters and adopters.
- Coordinate all aspects of our volunteer program including recruitment, scheduling volunteer shifts, training volunteers, volunteer recognition, preparing notes for weekend shifts, and being the point of contact for all volunteer inquiries.
- Oversee our [email protected] and [email protected] email inboxes.
- Coordinate all aspects of adoptions including responding to adoption inquiries, adoption calls, preparing adopters for kittens, scheduling adoptions, and following up with foster-to-adopt contracts.
- Directly oversee the volunteer TNR Coordinator and assist with colony projects.
- Directly assist the Program Director on special projects and community outreach.
This position has an annual compensation of $50,000-52,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance stipend and 2 weeks paid time off.